If anyone still reads this, I'm announcing a big time re-focus on the blog's purpose. For once, life events are interesting enough to merit blog updates. Also, I'm pretending for at least a little bit to be professional enough to no longer write about the insanity that is life as a retail pharmacist.
Quick hitters, with more detailed posts to follow:
1. I've now been licensed as a pharmacist for CVS for a year now. I was initially put in a bad situation (extremely busy store, little support, far from home) but have since been promoted to be the chief pharmacist at a cozy little store much closer to home. Customers still have the potential to drive me crazy (of course) but otherwise I'm mostly happy with my work situation.
2. I'm getting Lasik surgery for my eyeballs! I've never been a fan of wearing glasses and I'm excited to say good riddance to them. By the end of August, I'll be able to buy regular sunglasses, see things more than 15 feet away while playing sports or in the water, and most importantly- finally be able to stash a pen behind my ear while I'm working.
3. Our little suburban castle has been completed and we moved in at the end of April. While many will mock our decision to build a home that is less than a mile from my parents, Meg's parents, and the high school we both graduated from, I say: I had a good upbringing and want to provide the same to my children... speaking of which...
4. Megan is pregnant! We endeavored to fill up our new suburban home with new life forms, and we wasted little time in accomplishing that task. Happy to report that my swimmers are strong and her eggs are plentiful and timely. Current due date of early March 2013. Hoping for a litter of 10 boys so I can immediately start organizing my lacrosse dynasty.
Life is progressing at dangerous speeds! You can take comfort in the fact that we have no clue what we're doing.
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I still have it in my reader, so you have at least one person reading it. :)
ReplyDeleteexciting! and congratulations! sorry I missed you when I was home this summer.
Me too!
ReplyDeleteAND HOLY CRAP, CONGRATS TO YOU AND MEGAN!
Delete