Monday, March 7, 2011

Facebook role model

So I'm coaching lacrosse for my beloved HS alma mater this Spring, and one of the other assistant coaches just got fired. There were many reasons, one of which included him having a lot of publicly inappropriate facebook photos. This made me immediately realize that I needed to get a more wholesome digital persona, and fast.

Here are some live-blogged "untag highlights"

- 3 pictures of me holding Donny in my arms. While Donny is wearing a prom dress

- 1 picture of me and Katie - proudly holding my sock that Katie bit a hole in during our cruise Quest domination

- More than a few pictures of me either drinking, shotgunning, or drunk-dancing. 2 of me drunk-dancing while holding a beer and wearing a 3-foot-tall balloon hat.

- 1 photo of me posing next to a "Mr. Viagra" sign

- 2 photos of me double-fisting 40s of King Cobra

- A few pictures of me dressed as Harry Potter... not necessarily bad role-model behavior, but not something I want high school jocks to see

- A few photos of us playing the rolling game
(I'm starting to notice I just need to eliminate every photo taken of me while visiting OU)

- Photos of me standing on a chair and screaming (never knew the lyrics...) along to some Wicked song

- I feel like prior to this, my tagged photos over-represented the amount of time I spend snuggling with other men


- Photos of us playing Buck Buck.... actually, some of those are just too awesome. Photos that represent my jumping prowess must stay.

- Now I'm getting nostalgic and more stubborn about which photos *really* have to be untagged. The picture of me and Donny in the baby pool is a keeper.

- Nor am I ashamed of any photo in which I am holding a poodle

- One photo of me skipping down the street. Coaches don't skip.

- That photo from Sweetheart 2002 is just so damn epic. Let's remind everybody that it still exists.

- Can't get rid of that one of me rodeo-riding the tiger sculpture at the zoo

- I don't think my presence in any album titled "Mika Dance Party" needs to be known

- Starting to get really depressed about the 40 pound up and down weight rollercoaster that pharmacy school has been for me

- Drunk Jake 2006 themes included: Standing on banisters, doing the Heisman pose, letting people know that I'm #1, and of course- staring open-mouthed at the camera

- I'd forgotten that Meg and I started to mock some peers when we started titling our albums "**hOcKiNg HiLlS aDvEnTuRe** *~*lOvE*~*" and so on. Too snooty to remove this opportunity to again look down my nose at such people.

- aaand now I'm dancing with an inflatable palm tree

- Man-on-man piggyback rides? totally kosher

- Not at all ashamed of all the pictures where I can tell I was flexing my calf muscles extra hard

- Dancing with a bowling ball

I have now reached the Halloween where I dressed up as Jigglypuff. It would be too hurtful to ever tarnish the glory that was this costume, and therefore I will now stop this untagging business. I figure if I just look like a boring old married dude, nobody's going to look past the first couple hundred photos, right?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha I'm so glad I decided to check blogger at this very moment.... thanks for reminding us all of 2002 sweetheart.... yay.

    I too have gone through my pictures. I hope you keep all of the pictures though because when you're 80 you wanna tell your grandkids you had an AMAZING and fun life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this post. i should have done the same when i went on an untagging spree. sigh. we have all had a lot of fun haven't we? :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts